Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After.....

Today is the day after Thanksgiving and I am still packed in the belly ! Still I'm very thankful for it ! Today ,"the day after' is the day we get all the Christmas lights out of the shed and check them for breaks and burnt bulbs before stringing them up ! Today is a beautiful day and we really need to get started . This time of year is a family bonding time ,even though there are just the two of us now it's still time to bond . Working together to make our simple home a beacon in the night to distant planets by putting as many lights as possible ! We could do this at another time but why wait ? The day after stuffing our faces over and over again then climbing into bed for a super full nights sleep needs a rebuttal of physical labor to equalize the feelings of over eating . We shake our hands to limber up our fingers and get the blood flowing for the hour(s) of untangling and replacing bulbs ! Get the ladder out and man the hammer and nails ! My thoughts wander as I watch my wife smiling as she hangs a wreath on the door and I think to myself that this is what it's all about ! Being outdoors with loved ones ,friends or alone is so much better than being boarded up inside wishing I had more time for outside stuff . Outdoors can't wait and neither can I !
                                                                             <(((><

No comments:

Post a Comment